Friday, May 11, 2007

Stick to the stuff you know

...and it's been pretty obvious so far that all you scavvies know how to do is be awesome. Don't break out of that box.

Yesterday held a lot of cool things outside of the Ha Ha Haus of Comedy, and I thought you might like to hear them. Most prominent, of course, was our first episode of "Making the Band", where we met The Four Triangle Massacre, Syphylys, The Plurals, and Morrighan. I couldn't find the myspace for those last two, but when and if I do (Edit: I did), I will correct this. I'm really looking forward to hearing some DOOM POLKA at four today, I gotta say.

Other occurances yesterday: Totally sweet version of "Stick to the Status Quo" in Bartlett, complete with slack-jawed cafeteria employees. One easter egg slipped to the judges. One class interrupted with delicious beverage.

The Masque of Youth! What can I say? The ceremony was suitably pompous, and I have trouble imagining that the original could have been much better. To do it justice might take several thousand words; fortunately, several pictures were taken.

Despite cooler temperatures and a bit of a wind, the tea parties were by and large ramped up from yesterday. I was able to find at least four "Mystery Teas", all of which we fantastic! Furthermore, we received our second egg, and also dispersed many of our own on unsuspecting scavvies. Team Judge is totally going to win this year.

Other occurances today: Borg of the Jungle, clad in a sarong, swung from a tree and got hilariously stuck, dangling by his high-tech vine. Once freed, it was able to assimilate the entire quads in a matter of minutes. Judges, other teams, passerby - all of their uniqueness was added to the collective. A shining example of one of the many ways to complete an item.

I sat in on a class where the teacher got a phone call (with an extremely appropriate ringtone) informing him that the city was in danger. He immediately sent forth his crime-fighting protegees amidst cries of "Oh no!" "Oh no!" "Oh no!" "OH YEAH!" as the Kool-Aid Man burst into the room. When the crimefighters and the giant pitcher had gone, the professor turned back to the chalkboard and started writing equations as he resumed his lecture. The class, including myself, found this hilarious. The professor turned towards the class and said over our laughter that the material was important and we had to get through it.

That's all I was witness to, unfortunately. I hear there was another cafeteria musical, another superhero, and a dorm room in the Reg as well, but I missed out. I also slept through the alarm to go fishing, but I hear it was awesome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

along with "apparently" you also spell "occurence" incorrectly. monkey.